We are currently advertising for one research position on our project:
Academic staff member part-time (50%)
This post is for an Academic Staff Member at the Department of English (British Studies), at the Faculty of Translation Studies, Linguistics and Cultural Studies, FB06, Campus Germersheim, of Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz.
This job is advertised in the context of the DFG- /AHRC-financed research project “Übersetzungsräume: Europäische Zeitschriftenkulturen, c. 1945- 1965“ / “Spaces of Translation: European Periodical Cultures, c. 1945-1965” (https://anglistik.fb06.uni-mainz.de/dfg-ahrc-funded-research-project/).
- to contribute to the project’s research focus on cultural and translation studies, and 20th-century periodical studies
- to examine cultural exchange between the German- and English-speaking countries in the immediate post-war period
In addition to the general requirements according to public services law, applicants must meet the re- cruitment requirements stipulated in § 57 of the Hochschulgesetz of Rhineland-Palatinate.
- A successfully completed university degree
- A doctorate in cultural, literary or translationstudies
- Excellent command of the working languagesEnglish and German is required
- Good knowledge of French is desirable
What we have to offer:
- An exciting and varied position in a wellqualified, international team
- The facilities and support to promote the further development and consolidation of academic potential
- Extensive human resources development offer
- Flexible working time arrangements
The position is paid according to EG 13 TV-L and to be filled on 1st July 2021. The position is limited to a period of 33 months.
JGU is diverse and welcomes qualified applications from people with varied backgrounds.
We aim to increase the number of women in the field of research and teaching and therefore encourage fe- male researchers to apply.
Candidates with severe disabilities and appropriate qualifications will be given priority.
Please send your complete application in English as one PDF file (including the usual documents in digital form) by 16th May 2021 at the latest to:
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Alison E. Martin
Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
Fachbereich Translations-, Sprach- und Kultur- wissenschaft, Arbeitsbereich Anglistik
An der Hochschule 2
For questions and further information please contact Prof. Dr. Alison E. Martin by e-mail: amarti01@uni- mainz.de.
Data protection information:
https://www.verwaltung.personal.uni- mainz.de/files/2020/11/200918_Datenschutz-Bewerber- Innen_en.pdf